WHAT IS THE SPORTS PREMIUM?
The Government is providing funding directly to primary school head teachers to spend on improving the quality of sport and P.E. for all their children, the funding is ring-fenced and can only be spent on sport and P.E. provision in schools.
PURPOSE OF FUNDING
Schools will have to spend the sport funding on improving their provision of P.E. and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this.
POSSIBLE USES FOR THE FUNDING INCLUDE:
- hiring specialist P.E. teachers or qualified sports coaches to work alongside teachers when teaching P.E.
- paying for professional development opportunities in P.E./sport
- providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in P.E./sport
- running sport competitions, or increasing participation in the school games
- buying quality assured professional development modules or materials for P.E./sport
- providing places for pupils on after school sport clubs and holiday clubs
HOW WILL WE BE SPENDING THE FUNDING AND WHO WILL BENEFIT?
The staff, children and governors at Chadwell Primary all agree that the money must be used so that:
- all children benefit regardless of sporting ability,
- children are given the opportunity to compete in local and regional tournaments,
- staff have access to resources and training opportunities, plus continued professional development to improve the quality of teaching and learning in physical education,
- we explore ways to ensure that swimming is developed so that children are water safe as a minimum standard,
- children are exposed to a range of traditional and non-traditional sports and health enhancing activities through the curriculum, clubs and school visits.
Our Sports Premium reports demonstrate over the last few years the impact of the additional funding on the provision at school. The report for this academic year identifies how the school has allocated the sports funding.
We are continuously reviewing the impact of our primary sport premium action plan, through consultation with staff, children, parents and governors.